The Song Within was created by Ania Hardy in 2012. It arose from her passion and desire to help others express themselves through singing. Due to an experience that left her blocked for nearly two decades, Ania knows and understands the fears that come from expressing ourselves, often vulnerably, when we sing. It is from this personal experience that she has developed her skills as a compassionate, warm, engaging, patient and encouraging teacher and voice workshop leader.
Here at The Song Within you will find the support you need to explore your individual singing desires. You can do this through workshops, and benefit from a group dynamic, or one to one bespoke singing lessons.
Ania is a multi-talented singer-songwriter, artist and teacher. Initially trained as a sculptor and Secondary School Art & Design Teacher, Ania has been teaching many forms of the creative arts for 10 years. She has been teaching workshops, singing lessons and classes in London to children and people of all ages for the last 7 years.
With extensive training and experience spanning over a decade, Ania graduated from Camberwell College of Art, Brighton University, University of Wales Institute Cardiff, and the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance and the Institute of Education. She uses all of her artistic sensibilities to influence her unique and charismatic teaching style to inspire her students of all ages and abilities.
She recently recorded her debut EP and lives and works in East London.
ANIA'S QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Ania’s teaching practice comes from combining the work of the Estill Model and the Natural Voice movement. She draws her inspiration from their respective principles:
‘Everyone has a beautiful voice’ and ‘Singing is a birthright’
Drawing inspiration from these two core principles, Ania has developed a teaching practice that marries the physiological understanding of the human voice with the holistic awareness of the singing voice and it’s benefits to health and wellbeing.
- Natural Voice Leader with Frankie Armstrong, Founder of the Natural Voice Network, Oxford
- Estill Levels 1 + 2 with Anne-Marie Speed, one of the most experienced teachers and trainers of the Estill model who was trained and interned by Jo Estill, Hannover, Germany
- Estill Training Days: Belting, Advanced Belting, Breathing & Support, Children and Adolescent Voices, London
- Teacher training with Susie Ro Prater, Musical Director of Shakti Sings, Ireland
- Voice Higher Diploma from the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance, London
- PGCE Secondary School Teacher Training, Institute of Education, London
© 2016 The Song Within - Photography by Jennifer Grube Photography and
Irina Toma @ Home of Art in Amsterdam
Ania Hardy / 07906189117 /